IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Bedtime reading to get to know the Saab 9-5

I got a couple of new books for some bedtime reading for the next.... eeeh.... month?




This car is packed with technology and I have no idea how to take advantage of it all. So now I need to read up on my new car! For instance, in theory I can control the audio and navigation system by voice commands. But how does it work? And what commands does the car want to hear?

After several minutes talking to my car (I hope nobody heard me :), I was disappointed to learn that voice commands don't work in my native language, i.e. Norwegian, so now I need to speak Swedish or English to my car. And my stupid Norwegian accent is no good!

Here's a transcript of the conversation I just had with my car:

Me: "Destination"
Car: "Navigation".
Me: "No! DESTINATION"
Car: "Navigation" 
Me: Grrrrr!

Well, I guess getting mad at a car is kinda stupid. And on the positive side: The car's female voice was crystal clear and the she did sound very charming. I guess I'm falling in love with my car! ;)