IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

New wheels for Oakie!

Maybe you've read my earlier entry where I was pondering which wheels to get my car. After much consideration I finally decided to go for the turbine wheels. And so today I gave Oakie a wash and some new turbine 19 inch wheels. Oakie is of course the nickname I gave my new Oak Metallic Saab 9-5. Unfortunately it was dark outside when I was finished fitting the new wheels and therefore no good pictures yet. But here is a taste:


Update: A picture in sunlight: 


I was surprised to see that Saab has stopped using bolts and instead are using nuts to attach the wheels:

I don't know if there are any advantage of using bolts or nuts. Maybe you know?
But one obvious advantage of having the bolts fastened to the wheel hub is that you have something to "hang" the wheel one while fastening the nuts :)