IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hazard warning lights

Earlier this week when I was driving home from work I had to brake a bit harder than normal in front of an intersection. I wouldn't call it an emergency stop, I have braked harder on previous occasions. But this time the car suddenly indicated that the hazard warning light were on. I am 100 per cent certain that I didn't switch them on by accident. The button is located on the top right of the dashboard by the air vents, far from the steering wheel. But here I was standing on the road and the car was telling me that my warning lights were flashing. I didn't quite believe it and so I pulled over and got out of the car to look. The lights were flashing alright. I got back in and turned them off with the button.



When I got home I checked the manual and it said that the lights will flash if the airbag has been triggered off. But I had just used the brakes a bit harder than normal. My airbags were still safe and sound.

So what had happened? Was it just an electronic glitch?

Btw, this wasn't a big deal, just a bit strange. I'm still very happy with my Saab :)