IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Saab Sonett V4 steering wheel

I have now owned a 1968 Saab Sonett V4 for one and half week. And I have to say that I am very happy with my purchase. But there are always a few details to improve. At the moment I have laid my eyes on the steering wheel. The car has the 1969 Sonett steering wheel. It's a fairly plain black steering wheel. Three black spokes, a black center and black leather imitation. And because of the age and wear, it needs an upgrade.

Saab Sonett V4 interior

Worn steering wheel


What should I upgrade to? So far I have looked at British Moto-Lita steering wheels, Italian Nardi and the Saab Sport&Rally wheel. The Moto-Lita and Nardi wheels are available in both leather and wood and both black and polished rims. The Saab Sport&Rally is a leather wheel with black rims.

So what will be the most fitting to the Sonett interior? I have of course a few opinions of my own, but what do you think?

Moto-Lita Leather

Moto-Lita wood

Nardi Wood with black stripe

Saab Sport&Rally



What steering wheel will look the best?