IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sonett summer is over

Hi everybody!

Let me first apologize for not writing here on the blog since 29 June. And thank you for the emails and messages you have sent me the past month. I guess what happened in June was that I lost the energy and the spirit I need to write a Saab blog. When National Electric Vehicle Sweden bought Saab, the air went out of the balloon so to speak. That does not mean that I have no faith in NEVS or that you should not have faith in NEVS. Let's give them a chance.

So what have I done this summer? Well, I have been relaxing, reading, fishing, kayak paddling, mountain biking, and of course driving the Sonett. I have to say that the Sonett is a true driver's car. My Saab 9-5 is extremely comfortable and pleasant to drive. The Sonett is fun, fun, fun! The steering is very precise (shocking precise given that it is a 44 year old car), the engine revs beautifully, the free wheel driving is exciting and you just enjoy cruising, accelerating, steering through bends and of course the look on people's faces when you pass by. So my love for Saab is not gone. 

What will happen to Life with Saab? At the moment I don't know. I guess now that my summer vacation is over I will start following Saab again and write on the blog, maybe. Or maybe not. I will just have to give it a few days, maybe a week or two and see if the energy and the spirit is still there.

Anyway, I hope you too have had a good summer and don't worry, not much has happened in the Saab world the past month or two. NEVS is still the buyer of Saab, allthough the deal has not been completely finalized yet.