IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Ambient lighting

A few people have asked me if I can take some pictures that show the interior ambient lighting in the new Saab 9-5. This proved to be easier said than done. My cameras are just not good enough to make the ambient lighting justice. But nevertheless here I present the result. Just remember that a picture can never convey the real colours or the atmosphere.

First some facts: The ambient lighting consists of several LED lights that are supposed to create a warm atmosphere inside the cockpit. There are LEDs that lights up the door openers, the side pockets on the doors and the footwell on the driver's side. All LEDs are green.

Here's the lighting on the driver's door and footwell.


Another of the front passenger door.


That's the best my camera could do. My advise is to go to your dealer and take a test drive when the dark has fallen from the sky.