IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Friday, May 6, 2011

Bad news, good news, visitors and hope

Bad news travels twice as fast as good news. Much thanks to the press. We humans seem to be much more intrigued by bad news than by good news. And so the press is dominated by bad news.

When the first reports about stops at Saab's car factory emerged in the evening of 29 March, I wrote about it on my blog. Only seconds later the first visitors searching for news about the stop started to find their way to my blog. During a hectic evening my blog had one its best days in terms of visitors. And this happened when Saab saw the start of its most trying month after the sale to Spyker Cars.

This made me a bit depressed. I would much rather get many new readers by presenting great Saab news. And so I started thinking that this was proof that bad news sell. After all, it's only human to search for answers in situations of uncertainty.

But that experience now makes me even more happy to report that in the last few days you all have proved me wrong! When my blog reported the good news that Saab has secured short-term funding and has entered into a deal with Hawtai, the number of visitors have almost matched the number when the problems started!

And that makes me very happy. :)

I don't know what the future holds for Saab, but I am sure we will see both good and bad days. But I also know that as long as the Spirit of Saab lives on, I will never lose hope!