IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Friday, August 12, 2011

Saab Ursus

Spotted on the Facebook wall of Saab Cars:



The creator, Gijs Scheepens, writes the following:


"What about this? I drawed it yesterday.
A Saab Ursus :)"

Maybe Gijs saw my comment on Inside Saab on Thursday under Swade's blog post about what to call the Saab 9-3 replacement. My idea was to leave the numbers behind and instead use alpha names. Ideally I would like it to be Swedish names, but as Swedish often use strange letters like ä, ö and å, I instead proposed the binomial name of animals in the Swedish fauna:

Saab Lynx (Saab 9-2)
Saab Vulpes (Saab 9-3)
Saab Gulo (Saab 9-4X)
Saab Lupus (Saab 9-5)
Saab Ursus (Saab 9-6X)
Saab Alces (Saab 9-7)
Saab Sonett (No need to change)

I especially like Saab Lynx, and Saab Ursus is also good, but there is already a Polish tractor called Ursus. I am very unsure about how the rest of the names sound like. I guess if I used more than five minutes I could have come up with better sounding names. :)