IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Antonov wants to own 29.9 percent of Saab

Earlier today DI.se told us that Antonov is ready to invest in Saab, and now we get to know how big share he wants in Saab. According to Reuters, Vladimir Antonov told a news conference in Lithuania today that he's aiming to return as a shareholder in Spyker and that his share should be 29.9 percent:
"I think 29.9 percent would be fair enough, and this is what I had before. I would be totally happy to have 29.9 percent"

And he is ready to invest up to EUR 50 millionen in Saab:
"I would plan to invest up to 50 million euros, but it still remains to be seen how much cash they (Saab) would need." 

That sounds good to me. A big share, but not big enough to get control over the company. 

19:19 Updated with the investment amount.