IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Saab 9-3 impression from Teknikens Värld

A couple of weeks ago Svenska Dagbladet presented a grainy picture of what was believed to be the upcoming Saab 9-3 replacement. Since then we have seen impressions of this new car from both AutoExpress and AutoWeek. Today I bring you some new impressions from Teknikens Värld.






Do we believe this is the next 9-3? Teknikens Värld believes it is, but in my opinion  does at the same time give the best possible explanation why it is not:

They write that the 9-3 that was already designed when Jason Castriota arrived at Saab looked too much like a scaled down Saab 9-5. And therefore Victor Muller gave Castriota the task to give it a new design.

And in my opinion, this impression looks too much like a scaled down 9-5. Look at the front with the overhang, the window lines, the sloping rear. All 9-5.

Don't get me wrong, I like this impression a lot. Especially the picture from the front angle, but I believe that the next 9-3 will look different.