IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Development chief Mats Fägerhag leaves Saab

Mats Fägerhag, who was Vice President Vehicle Product Development at Saab, will now end a 20 year career at Saab. His next employer will most likely be Volvo Cars.

"It was a very difficult decision to make and I have had many sleepless nights. But right now there is no company to be employed by. And I also felt that it was time for me to do something new," Fägerhag said to Swedish news agency TT.


Fägerhag started at Saab in 1992 and also worked with vehicle development in Rüsselsheim for three and a half year before returning to Trollhättan in 2008.

"I have done what I was asked to do. To develop a new platform strategy. There are still much expertise around Saab. A restart will not depend on me," he said.

Saab fans will remember Fägerhag's effort at Saab maybe first and foremost for the development of the future Phoenix platform, but also as one of the people in charge of the development of the new Saab 9-5.

Thank you to Mats for his efforts at Saab and good luck in his next job. I hope to see him back at Saab sometime in the future!