IMPORTANT NEWS: National Electric Vehicle Sweden has agreed to buy the assets of Saab Automobile and the sale is expected to be finalized during the summer.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Wraparound windshield

One of the design cues we frequently hear about from Saab is the wraparound windshield. It was made famous on the old classic Saabs and is mentioned in the same breath as the hockey-stick C-pillar and sloping roofline, the wedge-like stance, the three piece grille and so on. But one can wonder if the new Saabs have much of a wraparound windshield. I mean, it can't compare to the old Saab 99, right?

So I knew that the new Saab 9-5 has a curved windshield, but I assumed that it wasn't much different from what other cars have.




Then I saw a Toyota Avensis....


Wow, that is what I call a flat windshield! And compared to the Saab it looks so simple and cheap. It's details like this that makes Saabs great looking cars that you never grow tired of.